Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Project Spectrum Fun

Project spectrum is turning out to be quite fun!!! April's colours as you probably can tell are yellow and orange. Stay tuned there will be more colourful projects ahead in the month.
To go with the ribbed baby jacket I was going to make booties. Now I'm scrapping that idea and going with a nice sun hat instead. I found this adorable hat surfing the net for patterns and I couldn't resist! It's called Lilly's Hat . I started it once already, but I ripped it out because I got a twist in the work. I'm thinking it probably happened when I joined up in the round.

Paisley came down with a fever today, so I haven't done too much knitting but I was working the sock a little more tonight, I've done about 10 more rounds of it so far, it's coming along. I will post a picture once I get a little more of it done, that way I can try it on. :-) I'm going to stop the sock for tonight and start another little project that's underway...

Like a handful of other knitters out there I have joined up in making squares for a project called Warming Grace. This was all started by Cynthia fellow knitter/blogger and little Grace's aunt. What a wonderful aunt!! Grace is 5 years old and fighting cancer and these squares will be made into a wonderful blanket for her. I just happen to have ALOT of pink/purple cotton yarn on my hands, so I will be trying to make as many squares as I can this month. This little lady's going to have one wicked blanket! If you're interested in helping out, check out Cynthia's blog for more details. She's a darling little girl!


2 comments:

Samantha said...

That hat is so sweet. :)

I have already made 3 squares for Warming Grace. I don't know how many more I will get done, but you're right, Grace will have a wicked blanket. :)

Unknown said...

Jenn, that hat is so cute! It will probably look great in the colours of the month. I hope Paisley is well soon.
Thanks for knitting squares; I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and yes I agree - the blanket (there will be more than one I am thinking) will be awesome!