Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crummy Days!

To start off, I wanted to go to Mary Maxim today to pick up some yarn to make a baby sweater for some friends of mine who just had a baby. Ron told me on Sunday that he would take me, ofcourse today on his day off he didn't want to go so now I don't get the yarn I need to start the project. I wasn't pleased that he didn't want to take me, nor did he remember that he said that he would. Now what am I to do????
I've had the the yarn to make a pinwheel sweater for well over a year (I ordered a bunch of knit picks swish). I was going to make it for my niece who was born December 2007, but I never got around to it so now since I have another baby girl of my own, I thought I'd make it for Rowan instead. I wanted to start on it tonight while I watched American Idol. I checked out which needles I would be needing for the pattern and discovered that they were pretty much the only dpns I didn't have. So while Ron and Paisley were making cal zones for supper he told me to slip out to Micheal's (which is now a 3min drive from our house) and get some. Do you think they had the size I was looking for?? Ofcourse not!! I leave and head to the next closest store Wal-mart and they also happen to be out of that size. I just needed 5.5mm dpns, I guess it just wasn't in the cards tonight to start that project either.
There...I just needed to vent on yet another unsuccessful day of knitting. Thanks for listening and hopefully next time I have some progress of aleast something up here.

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

I have 5.5 mm in stock! LOL

Hope you got what you needed!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I hate it when I dont have what I need when I want to start something! Luckily mom is close by!