Saturday, November 7, 2009

Well, I've recovered from the flu I had last week and so far (finger's crossed) nobody else in my family has even shown signs of symptoms yet. Pheewww!!
Onto some good news. I started working at Shoppers again here in Owen Sound. I already have BIG plans for my first paycheck. I was in fiber heaven today!! I took a very short walk across the river to my LYS Riverside Yarns here in Owen Sound (literally a 2 min walk from my work, this could be baaaad). I had always wanted to take a look in the store but just never got down there on my short visits home. They had quite a variety of yarns, but not near as much as Julie's store in Ancaster. Okay, on with the BIG plans here. LOL I will go back and treat myself to something yarnarifick at the store! What I really fell in love with though (and they don't sell it at the store) is Dream in Color Starry in Dusky Aurora. I'm thinking Ishbel in this colourway would be amazing. My other big plans for my paycheck (along with paying bills) is a bag of socks. I know, how fun eh? But I seem to be at an all time low of socks in my drawer right now. It's pretty bad and I need them for work.
Well, I'm off to bed now. I've worked everyday this week except Monday and I'm off this weekend (with mad amounts of laundry to take care of), hoooray!

2 comments:

Bex said...

Congrats on the job! that's great news!

Montreal Mama said...

Congrats on the job! It must be nice to be back? Are you in the photo lab again?

Yum fiber! Definitely a nice reward! I love DIC Starry. It would make a fabulous Ishbel - I agree!