Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Time for a change (and I'm not talking elections)...
I'm going blond(ish) at least for a few days! Tonight my neighbour and I had a lady's night. She came over and bleached my hair. I dyed my hair black in the summer and just wanted it out because there's a colour I really want to dye it called ginger spice or something like that, it's a reddish copper brown...really pretty but there was no way I was going to achieve that with out a bleaching first. I know what you're thinking, SO horrible for your hair, but this is only the second time in my life I've put a bleach in so I though what the heck.
While we were waiting for my hair to develop, I gave her a knitting lesson. She's been bugging me since the summer for one because she got all these knitting needles from her mother-in-law and thought she might as well do something with them. We just did the basics, casting on and straight knitting for now.

I worked on my practice sock for the Olympics while she played around with the knitting. It doesn't seem to be too hard yet. The only thing I find is that I'm using metal needles and they feel really heavy when you're doing a project on 3 needles. I'm using acrylic needles for the sleeve of the baby sweater and I like the feel of them much better. Perhaps down the road I will be investing in some nice light dpn's because I really enjoy working on 3 needles for some reason.

That's it for me, I'm off to bed!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Your hair looks good. :) I don't find the aluminum needles to be all that heavy. I've never used any other type for mittens or whatever, but maybe I'll have to try to see the difference.

Rhonda said...

Hair is gorgeous! I like it much better than the black. and well you know how I feel about red hair. I was hoping my granddaughter would have had it but no such luck. Maybe the next one. HAHAHAHAHA!
P.S.: I just won 10 pairs of circ's on ebay so I'll have a few to pass on to you.

Anonymous said...

Jen your hair looks really nice, I like it much better then before. Your Becoming quite a knitting wiz. Give my granddaugher Paisley a great big kiss for me.