Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Trials & Tribulations of a Knitter

For the last few days I've been in a knitting lull...

Between keeping up with house work(I slacked last week) and Paisley, it seems to be hard to fit knitting into my schedule this week. I tried to work on my ribbed scarf a few times, we had a little situation with the ball of yarn yet again and now it's on hold until we get it into a ball of yarn again. You should see this ball of yarn, it's really quite scary looking. The A'more is almost chenille like in feel and it tangles together really easy. Sometimes I think all the balls of yarn in the world are out to get me because it seems like everytime I start with a new ball we have a "situation". This time both ends came out together and tangled into a bad mess.
On Samantha's blog I saw her finished Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater, I also check out the pattern and it seemed pretty straight forward. Right away I ran up to my knitting stash to see if I had the specified yarn for the pattern, sure enough I found 2 50g ball of magic garden Buttons dk yarn and thought to myself, just perfect. It's white with little specks of pink, green and purple. It's already looking cute and I haven't even knit up that much of it yet. It's for a little baby girl due in February, so hopefully I have it finished reeeealllly soon! It actually seems to knit up pretty fast so I don't see it being a problem, although I do have a slight problem right now...my kitten Deuce attacked my circular need and chewed it. Now it's not smooth and my knitting catches on it. I've tried mending it myself with a nail file, but it doesn't seem like it's done any good. I guess tomorrow's caper will be to go and buy a new 4mm circular needle so I can get this sweater done. Ahhh, the joys of having cats!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

It sounds like Deuce is a little bugger ... best kind of kitty to have! *lol*

It took me 8 days to knit the Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater and I didn't work on it every day, so I'm sure you've got plenty of time to get it done. I'm sure it'll be so pretty too. The yarn sounds lovely. :)

I slacked on the housework all this week ... I have a mound of laundry the size of Mt. Everest in my living room that I have to fold today. Yuck.

Have a good one!!

Jenn said...

I like doing laundry, but I hate folding it and putting it away, so that's where my piles come into play...I'll live out of the basket before it gets put away.
I'm gonna start laundry tonight and hopefully finish it tomorrow.