Thursday, May 4, 2006

The Night Is My Oyster

My house is clean, laundry's done, put away and Paisley's sleeping. Now the night is my oyster, at least for the next 2 hours before I go to bed.

It's just been one of those days and I'm pooped right out. Paisley was a busy girl and had a day full of playing with her friends and alot of that time included me being there to monitor. They actually came over later in the afternoon and played at my house for a few hours which was easier then playing out front. It was really my first experience with P having friends over and it didn't go too badly. My friend
Mandy who was a nanny for quite a few years told me that kids entertain one another and man she was right, P hardly bothered with me at all (minus the few times I had to intervene over a toy fight). I'm so used to Paisley wanting me to play all the time and having a hard time trying to complete all my housework. I actually got a head start on finishing my laundry and just some "me" time on the computer which is right beside the livingroom where they were playing. They even cleaned up all the toys when they decided that they wanted to go out back to play in the sandbox.

My MIL Rhonda popped by unexpectedly tonight and brought me a nice surprise! "Special Knits" by Debbie Bliss. I've been in love with that book ever since I borrowed it from the library. I even renewed it 1 time just to keep it a bit longer. Now I have it all to myself! She also got herself a copy in hardcover.
As well as the book there was also a bunch of extra circular needles. Some I have and some I don't but a girl can never have enough knitting needles. She just replaced most of her circs with the bamboo ones and then ofcouse she has all of her Addi Turbos.


I haven't done too much knitting this week. I casted on for a pair of socks last night just to relieve myself from knitting bug. I just didn't feel like getting too involved with a huge project just yet because I went a little overboard last week with the little sweater.

No comments: