Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bad blogger!

It's been quite a while since my last post, eeek! So much has been going on for me lately, but I guess that shouldn't excuse for my lack of blogging these days. I'll blame it partly on my dh and his silly online game World of Warcraft (he's a computer hog).

A few weeks ago, my hubby got permanently laid off from his job of nearly 5 years. On a whim after our weekend to Owen Sound (see last post), we decided that we would like a change and decided that we were going to move to Owen Sound (that is where my family is from and where Ron's always wanted to live). It is a nice city and we made several trips back there since that weekend to try and find a place to live. The first time we went back we got caught in that huge snow storm and got snow-stayed there for 3 days, it even took us 7 hours to get there when it only should have been a 2.5 hour drive. We couldn't really get out to do much house hunting either but we did call some places. We finally got a few calls a week later and we drove back up on Monday morning again only to get stood up by this guy that was going to show us a few places he had. Bahh, so on the way home we talked about it and we're going to take this as a sign not to move there right now, we're going to stay in Hamilton...at least for now. :-)
So I guess we better register Miss Paisley for Jr. Kindergarten for September, she's very excited and has a friend 2 doors down that will be going with her.

With all of this going on, I still managed to knit 6 scarfs with some dollar store eyelash yarn and gave them away to people, I even made one for myself. :-) Made Paisley a pair of Cherry Tree socks to match mine and I'm working the way down the cuff of my second sock (which, lol should be done by now but I got sidetracked by scarves). I will get some pictures of all of this asap!!!! :-) I even have one more scarf left to make but I'm going to make sure my sock is done first because they'd be sure nice to wear in these frigid temperatures we are having in Southern Ontario.

Hope every one's staying warm and cozy out there if you're having this cold weather that we're having here, if so..perhaps we will see alot of blogging and new knits! :-)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I believe in signs......definatly.

Where is your dd starting school...fellow Hamiltonian here.

Samantha said...

Owen Sound is nice. Glad you're sticking around Hamilton for awhile (I'm sure Gramma is happy about that too) ... will you continue to look for something up there? Sorry to here Ron got laid off. That sucks, huge.