Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Road to Recovery & A $4 find

By yesterday I still was not feeling good at all. I was also still stuck at my parent's house in Owen Sound and not feeling well enough to drive home yet so my mom sent me over to the hospital to get looked at. My sister gave me a ride so I wouldn't have to pay for parking. I checked in at triage and then nearly 2 hours later I was finally seen by a doctor (2 hour wait...not bad for the hosptial I thought??). He pretty much took one look at me to know what was up but still gave me a quick exam by checking my breathing, ears and such. I guess I have a sinus infection, so now I'm on anti-biotcs for 7 days taking 3 a day. I called my dad for a ride when I was done and he swung by wal-mart which is on the way home and I ran in to get my perscription filled (hubby's benefits have not kicked in yet, damn!!) while I was waiting the 15 minutes for filling I strolled around and came across a clearance rack of jackets. There was a nice tan jacket marked down to $4, I thought to myself this can't be right, $4?? I would totally purchase this coat for that price, heck I had $4 in loose change in my wallet. The size of the coat was even generous enough to accomodate a growing belly. I carried it in my arms and back over to get my presription and to think about whether or not I was going to purchase the coat. $17 later I paid for my script and I was walking out to the check-out ready to get my change out to buy this sweet deal and I saw the line up. It was lined up so long at all the check-outs, I would have been there for a 1/2 an hour at least. I didn't want to keep my dad waiting so I put the coat back, bummer....
I woke up pretty early this morning because sleeping is still slightly uncomfortable with my nose being so stuffy that I ran out to the dollarstore for a few items. The dollarstore just happens to be right beside wal-mart and I thought how funny it would be if this lonely $4 coat was still on the rack the next day so I decided to venture in and find out. Sure enough it was in the exact same place I had originally found it so off I went with it to the check out. As the cashier was ringing it through I was 1/2 expecting it to come up at a different price/more money then on the sale tag but sure enough it came up at the $4. I just bought myself a $4 jacket, LOL how sweet. :-)
Paisley and I also made the journey home back to Hamilton today, just in the process of relaxing, unpacking and getting the house warm. It's freaking feezing this place!! Yikes. Taking my time though because I am a bit tired. Ron will be home tomorrow around lunchtime and it's Valentine's Day, I'm excited. Paisley and I have cards for him!! I can't wait to see the hubby, he's been gone for nearly 10 days.
It's nice to be home, LOL but I miss my mommy. She took good care of P and I this week and it's weird to be home with just Paisley and I now. We'll probably go back on March Break for another visit or something.
P.S. spell checker's not working so pardon my mistakes I have made throughout this post. :-)


Wanderingcatstudio said...

$4 is AWESOME! I love super bargains...this year is the best time for uberdeals... if I had more money i would suggest a trip to Dixie Mall this time of years is the best time to go

Knit & Purl Mama said...

What a great find! Finally catching up on my blog reading.

I'm the queen of good deals at Walmart - LOL :)

Are you enjoying your coat?