The last few days have been devoted to getting the baby sweater finished. Between, working, housework and playtime with Paisley I've managed to finish the body of the sweater. I some dropped a stitch some how during my bind off, so I just have to go back and fix that but other than that I'm done and ready to start the sleeves.
Since I've never knit with dpn's before (minus i-cords) I thought I'd give it a whirl. I got all my stitches off the stitch holder and picked up the 4 stitches that had to be added in the armpit and divided them as evenly as possible on the 3 needles. I thought this would be good practice as I entered myself in the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics to try and make a pair of socks. So now all my stitches are onto the needles I begin to add in my yarn to knit. Anyway, I'm knitting along thinking that I've got it and I get to the the last stitch on the first needle and then all of a sudden my stitches are only on 2 needles instead of the original 3. That's when I put it down and sought out some help. I went to knitting help.com and watched a video tutorial on knitting with dpn's only to find out that you actually have to use 4 (or sometimes maybe even 5)needles. This actually kind of made me laugh because dpn's come with 4 needles, I should've have maybe put 2 and 2 together. Oh well, I guess you've gotta start somewhere! For now, my knitting is back in the bag until I get a chance to start the sleeves over again.